Thursday, April 23, 2015

David Henderson on Barbara Bergmann and the wage gap

I wanted to highlight this post by David Henderson on the late Barbara Bergmann, much of which is a discussion of her writing on the wage gap. He promises more to come.

One of the things I like about this post is that it shows how both sides have to be careful with wage regression interpretations when talking about the wage gap. David's criticisms of Barbara are very much along the same lines as my criticisms of guys like Mark Perry. (I am not deeply knowledgeable about what she's written on it, so to a certain extent I'm taking David's word on it but it's a very common way of talking about things).

While I'm posting more on her, I'll also point out that Taylor and Francis is providing free access to a special issue of Feminist Economics on Barbara Bergmann this month. So download those pdfs before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.