Monday, June 11, 2012

Two questions for readers

Each of a quite different flavor...

1. If one were to make the case that Hayek supported NGDP level targeting, what would you cite? I've always had trouble with this claim personally. I'm not so sure I agree. But what would one use to defend it?

2. Appelate courts are upholding Guantanamo detentions and the Supreme Court has refused to hear new appeals on the matter. This tells me that they agree with the conclusions of the appelate court, and that they are fully satisfied with the constitutionality of the Obama administration's implementation of the Boumediene and Hamdan rulings. Is there any reason why I should change my opinion of the criticism of the administration as anything other than a few perhaps reasonable concerns trumped up beyond recognition into baseless paranoia?

If you have an answer to the first question but skip to answer the second question, go back! The first question is the only one I really care about your opinion on!   ;-)

3 comments:

  1. See pages 14-15 of here: http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/pboettke/summer/White%20-%20Hayek%27s%20Monetary%20Theory.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayek says it in "Prices and Production" and in "Constitution of Liberty". I agree his support is full of caveats.

    I find the topic of "Exactly what Hayek/Mises" said to be not particularly interesting. What I'm interested in is how to use their ideas now.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.